Prepared by Vivian Ng.
Each week the Human Rights, Big Data & Technology Project based at the University of Essex Human Rights Centre prepares an overview of related news stories from the week.
You can follow the HRBDT project on twitter: @hrbdtNews.
- ‘Summary report on the public consultation on the Evaluation and Review of the ePrivacy Directive’– European Commission
- ‘EU spymasters lobby for change in encryption law’– Financial Times
- ‘Algorithms are not impartial — and may penalise by race’– Financial Times
- ‘Mobile Apps Study Underscores Necessity of Strong Best Practices for Health and Wellness Data’– Future of Privacy Forum
Industry and Other Developments
- ‘Datnav: New Guide to Navigate And Integrate Digital Data in Human Rights Research’– The Engine Room
- ‘Relaxing Privacy Vow, WhatsApp to Share Some Data With Facebook’– The New York Times
- ‘Social media groups accused of terror fight failings’– Financial Times
Disclaimer: The views expressed herein are the author(s) alone.